How to Open a Bank Account in Nigeria (Latest Technic)
Hello there! I welcome you to our blog. Having a fully working or a functional bank account linked with a BVN is no doubt a must have thing most especially in recent times. Today, I will be sharing with you how to open a Bank account with any Bank in Nigeria.
This educational content will surely be of great resource for you in getting started with things you need to do in order for you to own a bank account number.
Why You Need a Bank Account
There are tons of reasons why you might or let’s use the word “would” need a working bank account number as a Nigerian. Some of these reasons include;
- Transferring of money
- Receiving money from anywhere
- Making online payments easy
- VTU services
Some Nigerian Banks You Should Check Out For
- Zenith Bank
- Guarantee Trust Bank
- First Bank
- United Bank of Africa (UBA)
- Access Bank etc
Methods You Can Use to Open a Bank Account Number with Most Nigerian Banks
Basically, there are 3 known methods one can use to open a bank account with almost all Nigerian banks. These three known methods are;
- USSD code
- Online account opening form
- Visiting the bank branch
All the three methods are cool and but two methods are not recommended as looked by us on this page. If we are to select the best method to use as someone who wants to open a banking account, then the third one is all you need.
Opening a bank account by visiting the bank is the best and recommended way of creating a banking account with any Nigerian bank.
You might want to ask why?
This is because visiting the bank branch will get you more informed by the banking operatives on different types of accounts and how you can easily operate them. Not just that, visiting the bank branch will also help in fastening your account opening processes. This means all required verifications will be done in an instant.
Luckily in this post, we will be sharing with you the exact method you can open a working bank account in Nigeria by simply visiting any bank branch. Be you a student, mom, dad or whatsoever. This has nothing to do with your personality.
Though, there are some requirements you must meet. Let’s talk about them below.
Requirement to Open a Bank Account in Nigeria with any Bank
- 2 passport photographs
- Utility Bill (electric bill, water bill, or any Government approved TAX bill) of not more than 3 months
- Government issued identity Card (not compulsory)
So, this is the three things you will need before you can open an account with any Nigerian bank. Though number 3 is not compulsory which means you can still open working bank account without a Government ID. But this doesn’t mean it is recommended because your account will have lots of limitations.
How to Open a Bank Account with Any Bank in Nigeria (100% Effective Free)
Just as mentioned earlier, the best method to use when opening a bank account in Nigeria is by visiting the bank. So, let’s get started on how you can open a valid bank account using this method below;
In this tutorial, we will be making use of Zenith Bank for tutorial purpose only.
- Take up your phone and search for nearest Zenith Bank Branch on Google Map
- Pick up 2 copies of passport photograph, Utility bill and a copy Government issued means of identification
- Walk into the bank and meet the customer care representative
- Tell them you want to open a bank account (they should ask if you have a BVN or not). Answer them appropriately. If you don’t have, you’ll be required to pick the online BVN enrollment form, fill completely and sit for your enrolment.
- Immediately after the enrolment, pick the bank account opening form and fill if your details
- Attach 2 copies of your government issued ID cards (with your signatures behind), copy of your utility bill and a copy of Government issued ID card.
- Now head to the customer care again and show them your account opening form
- Sit down while they process your account creation and upload to their database
- Receive your account number from them
- Go to the cashier to deposit a minimum amount of 1,000 Naira for your ATM card charges
- Go back to the Customer care representative and process your ATM card application
- Receive your ATM card and go home
If you are here with me then I must say you are just at the end section of this tutorial guide on how to open a bank account in Nigeria. With the information provided above, you will be able to open a and as well own a bank account number in Nigeria.
Please do well to share this content to friends on social media.